Thursday, February 03, 2005

So much sand...

Hi!!

Where to begin... well, let's try the beginning. I left the dream house on Tuesday, and am now at the Palace Backpackers in Brisbane where I met up with Sophie, my friend from the Oz Bus. We toured the city a little, and, big surprise, it's a city like all the others... with shops and food courts and such. Fantastic. Anyway, the point of this city talk is that (all you St-Georges guys will get this) everywhere I go, I expect to see Mme. Sewina lurking about. She told me she was going to be in Brisbane, so I kepp looking (down) to see if she's not about to walk into me...

But anyway, back to the topic at hand. Yesterday, Sophie, James and I went to Moreton Island, which is the third largest sand island in the world. It was very cool. We started the day out by sandboarding, which, as you may have guessed, is like snowboarding, but on sand. I was obviously to much of a chicken to try it (I've had bad snowboarding experiences), so I opted for the toboggan option, which seemd a whole lot safer. It was pretty exhilirating, if you could look beyond the sand that got all over your hair, mouth, eyes, nose, etc...

After that, we went on a 4WD tour of the island, which was pretty rough. Sand roads are not exactly optimal driving conditions, though I think I handled it better than most, cuz I'm used to driving on snow. We finally arrived at our destination, which was a prefectly pristine beach called Champagne Pool. It's called that because there are big rocks formations down the side, and when the ocean waves hit the rocks, the bubbles that come over look like Champagne Bubbles. It's absolutely breathtaking. We saw a few more beaches as well, then went to the lighthouse, from which we could look down on the ocean, and see the turtles swimming around. Not too shabby.

All in all, it was a pretty cool trip... except that I somehow managed to get a fairly splotchy tan on my back, which sucks... but hey, I can fix that.

Today was pretty uneventful. I had a job interview this morning, which went well, but I (along with my mom) have come to the conclusion that this is a pretty sketchy place (and she didn't even hear about the bar inside the office), so I'm going to have to turn that down. Too bad... This afternoon, I got lost in the city with Sophie and said goodbye to James, who got back on the Oz Bus... I'll see him again soon, I have no doubt.

Ok, I guess that's enough out of me!

Love you lots!

Steph :)

P.S. Kristina, I'm really sorry I missed your show... and I really hope you can get a tape of it for me... your clowning is certainly good for the soul!

6 Comments:

Blogger Kristelle said...

hey stephy!
i'm happy that i got the chance to talk to you...i wish it could have lasted longer...:( Anyways i didn't go to my french class this morning because ur brother drove too slow and we missed our 7:50am train....joke i made him drive slower to miss that train...really didn't feel like running! Anyways toboggan on sand...hein? sounds interesting i hope that you got pictures of you with sand everywhere...like the one we have here....the sands in between ur boobs;) This week we had a really nice weather...really like -7...which is not bad...i ikeep telling everyo0ne that spring is here but i know it's not true...because winter will be back...sigh! Oh well going back to studying but plz do call this weekend i won't ditch you and i'll be home for sure...i gotta study for FOUR midterms next week aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh! Love you, miss you
kisses and hugs!
Kristelle
xxx

6:07 AM

 
Blogger PrincessChristy said...

Hi Steph - Glad to hear you are finally well on your way to expiriencing this trip like you were meant to. See, all it took was some getting use to and now look how much fun you are having! But, I must say, I really miss you and especially at this particular moment (need I say more?) Anyways, I've got to keep this short b/c I'm supposed to be studying for my midterms sooooo love you lots and I would like you to call me soon so that we can talk. I need some Stephy love right about now...
Take Care,
Chris
P.S. The girls say hello

2:01 PM

 
Blogger Kristelle said...

OH DEAR! I can't believe i missed ur call:( damn school!!! I was at school studying :(...but plz do call this weekend i'm not even leaving the house i swear!!!! well ig=f u have enough money!!!!take care
love u and miss u
kisses and hugs!
Kristelle
xxx

2:45 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey steph, it's Schliep

Sorry I didn't write in a while but I've been bouncing around between ontario and quebec for the past couple of days. That's pretty awesome the things you are describing. I'm glad to hear that you got to do some offroading, but I have one question. Did you do it "jackass" style? Was there someone in the back getting tattooed??? If so, my I advise against it. :P

I'm doing good, I got news from the union this week that my wrongful firing will go to arbitration (court). So that is good news. I don't have any specifics yet, but will early next week. I guess justice is somewhere out there.

Although you went sand-tobogganing, I went ICE-skating yesterday. You do remember ice...don't you? it's that cold thing that's quite slippery and it's also used to cool drinks down. Of course, trying to make a joke to my fellow skaters, i saw someone jump (figure skating style) so naturally i just had to try...but I ended up landing the side of my knee (because i had my camera attached to my hip and i didn't want to land on it) so it made for a rather "bizarre" landing. BUT I DID get a few laughs...of course..not for same joke. but alas, a laugh is laugh. I still feel it today...something seems slightly "out of wack"

Anyways, i'm off back to my dads. Some more bouncing.
take care enjoy yourself.

p.s. As for the "work on your back" I hadn't even thaught about it but it made me laugh...good job :P

Adios

12:58 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ALLO STEPH!!!!

Je voulais juste te dire que je taime pis que je lis tous tes messages. Je suis rendue dependante de ton blog, ca fait meme parti de mes bookmarks, avec tous les autres sites de P***..... A jeuk!

En tout cas il se passe pas grand chose dinterressant ici pour moi... Ce soir je vais surement aller chez Paul pour feter la reussite de mon premier midterm, je suis vraiment contente. Toutes les occasions sont bonnes pour feter ; )

Pis la pour te tenir au courrant de la vie animale chez moi, loiseau de ma tante est finalement decede : 0. Je suis vraiment un animal killer, je garde plus jamais danimaux!

En tout cas, Je te laisse pis passe une BONNE fin de semaine, je pense bcp a toi (en bien)

xxxxx
GAB

1:29 PM

 
Blogger Ash said...

Hey Stephy,
Sorry I haven't been posting anythihg on your blog thingy. It took me a while to be able to get an account!!! But i have been e-mailing you, although I'm not sure if you've been checking them or not. Anywho, so I'm sooo glad you're having an amazing time, and I'm very jealouse that you went surfing and I'm not! But i am applying for Queen of the St. Patrick's Day Parade. It's a public speaking competition and it's tonight...oh dear god help me now!
So stephy, did it happen yet....did it?...did it? I went to Abitibi with the volleyball team....NIF GOT DRUNK! It was very exciting, and totally not my fault either. My Tuesdays and Thursday are lacking something, and I'm slowly but surely going through Stephy withdrawal. ER just isn't the same either! Oh, and I've decided that you have to send me a pic of you in Australia so I can put it in the frame you got me for Christmas (cause you were not cool and didn't take a pic with me on New Years!)
Two of my friends are in Australia right now. I know it's pretty big and the chances of you meeting are probably slim to none, but if you ever meet two guys by the names of Jay and Kieran, I KNOW THEM! and tell them I say hi! Anywho, I guess that's it for now. And now that I have mastered this blog business, you'll be getting more responses from me, and no more e-mails! Hope you continue to have an amazing time. Be good....actually, fuck that...have fun! Missing you lots, (tear!)
Luv Ash
xoxo
P.S. You hafta call if it happens! lol

10:22 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home