Thursday, February 24, 2005

Signing my life away...

Hey guys!

Alright, so yesterday, for at least the 6th or 7th time in the past couple of weeks, I signed my life away. That's right, I once again signed a sheet stating that should I die over the course of the day, no one could be held accountable. Unsafe, right? Buyt sooo much fun.

Yesterday's activity was that of white water rafting. Too cool!!! It was an absolutely beautiful day and the water was just the right temperature... so that when we fell out/tipped the boat on purpose, it was all good. Anyways, basically, the day consisted of us racing down the rapids on the Tully River, trying not to fall out... not that I had much success. At one point, I fell out of the boat right in the middle of one of the rapids and was pulled under the boat for a good 30 seconds... kinda scary, but soooooo awesome, all at the same time.

We also got to descend a rapid without the boat, which was supposed to "give us a fell for the water". So we took the rapid like a water slide... only with more rocks hitting your ass and a few places where there really wasn't any time to breathe... amazing. I can honestly say that I still don't "have a feel for the water", but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

After that, we stopped at a rock which protruded from the water about 400 metres high. We climbed to the top of it, then jumped. Again, very cool, but I don't suggest diving. That's what I did... though probably without and style... and it hurt like hell. I was wearing a helmet, so the impact on the water caused my head to rattle pretty hard against the plastic. But it's all good, cuz that's not something I get a chance to do at home very often.

Well, today I'm off to Cairns, but on the way there I'll be stopping at a croc farm and a bungee jumping place. Whether or not I decide to bungee jump is to be detremined, but I figure, if I can jump a 400 metre rock into rocky water, I can certainly hop off a cliff, no? Yeah....

Ok, well, that's all from me!

See you later!

Steph :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristelle said...

Hey i'm happy you tracked me down cuz when graham was like kristelle phone...i was like damn...it's for sure my mom asking if i got to your house safely...anyways i really miss you and i promise to try to write more...and i can't for you to come back so you can tell me all of your wonderful tales with all the pictures...:)
love you and miss you
kisses and hugs
kristelle
xxx
p.s i am so proud of you!

8:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home